Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm such a proud Mumum today. Two days ago Carter said his first word. (You know in his own baby way) As you could have guessed Allen's first word was Dada. Allen has always seemed to like Dad best ever since he was a baby. Not that he doesn't obviously love me too, but Dad is just way more fun and exciting. Carter's first word though is Mumum. I'm so happy that it is my name this time. I know, I know it's dumb, and seams petty, but it gives me joy. And not only does he say my name he also says it when Dad is holding him and he is looking at me. Like he knows what Mumum means. When he does that I just can't help but smile. And yes, I know, I'm a way obsessed and over excited parent. But it just makes me happy. Even when Allen did learn my name he only said it when he was crying. So to have Carter say my name first and when he is happy really means something to me.


My baby boy and Me.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those are such cute pictures of you and Carter. That's pretty impressive that he said Mumum before Dada. I think most babies say Dada first just because it's easier. (At least that's what I told myself when Sophie did it.)